Cranberry-Glazed Pork Loin Steaks
- 2 Pork Loin Steaks or Boneless Pork Loin cut into steaks (approximately 300g each)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 150g Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork loin steaks with salt and black pepper.
- Add the pork loin steaks to the pan and sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are browned and cooked through. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce, wholegrain mustard, and balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld and the sauce to thicken slightly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the cooked pork loin steaks to the pan, coating them with the cranberry glaze. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to heat the steaks through and let them absorb some of the sauce.
- Serve the Cranberry-Glazed Pork Loin Steaks hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. This dish pairs wonderfully with roasted vegetables or mashed potato.