Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 300g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 200g broccoli florets
- 200g vine cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g baby spinach
- 250ml double cream
- 150g grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, torn (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until softened. Add the diced bell peppers and broccoli florets, and cook until tender.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan. Stir in the halved cherry tomatoes and baby spinach, allowing the spinach to wilt.
- Pour in the double cream and add the dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together until well combined and heated through.
- In a large baking dish, combine the cooked pasta with the creamy chicken and vegetable mixture. Mix well to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the pasta bake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves before serving. This creamy and hearty pasta bake is sure to be a hit with the whole family!