Creamy Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 100g fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them horizontally, but not all the way through, so you can open them like a book.
- Place a portion of the spinach and cheese mixture on one side of each chicken breast. Fold the other side over to encase the filling.
- Secure the chicken breasts with toothpicks to hold them together.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the stuffed chicken breasts on both sides.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Serve the creamy spinach and cheese stuffed chicken hot.