Harvest Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers (assorted colours)
- 200g quinoa, rinsed
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150g cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- 150g courgette, diced
- 100g red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a saucepan, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is fluffy and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, diced courgette, and chopped red onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in halved cherry tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the sautéed vegetable mixture.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.