Roast Beef Sliders
- 500g braising steak or roast beef joint
- 1 large onion or a couple of Roscoff onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pack brioche buns
- Hot stuff horseradish
- 80g rocket leaves
- Strong Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or any available cooking oil)
Serves approx. 8 sliders.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan-assisted or Gas Mark 4).
- Season the braising steak or roast beef with salt and pepper. Rub the meat with olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Place the beef in a roasting tin. Cut the onions into wedges and scatter around the beef. Roast in the oven for about 1 hour for medium-rare (or longer, depending on your preference). Baste occasionally with the cooking juices.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. This makes the beef more tender and juicy.
- Slice the brioche buns in half and lightly toast them.
- Thinly slice the roast beef.
- Spread a small amount of horseradish on the bottom half of each bun. Place a few slices of beef on top, followed by a handful of rocket leaves and cheddar cheese if desired. Cover with the top half of the bun.
- Arrange the sliders on a platter and serve immediately.
These roast beef sliders are perfect for a festive buffet or a casual Christmas gathering. Enjoy!