Sautéed Savoy Cabbage with Garlic and Butter
- 1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage, core removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Start by preparing the Savoy cabbage. Remove the tough core and thinly slice the leaves.
- In a large frying pan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the melted butter and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the sliced Savoy cabbage to the pan and toss to coat it with the garlic-infused butter.
- Sauté the cabbage for about 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes tender and slightly caramelised, stirring occasionally.
- Season the sautéed Savoy cabbage with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Once the cabbage is tender and has a beautiful golden colour, remove it from heat.
- Serve the Sautéed Savoy Cabbage with Garlic and Butter as a simple and delicious side dish for your Sunday roast.