Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 2 small butternut squashes
- 200g quinoa, rinsed
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g spinach, chopped
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g dried cranberries
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 30ml olive oil
- 5g dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Cut each butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place the squash halves on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is fluffy and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, chopped spinach, crumbled feta cheese, dried cranberries, and toasted pine nuts.
- Once the squash halves are roasted, fill each half with the quinoa stuffing mixture.
- Return the stuffed squash to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to warm through.
- Serve hot, and enjoy the delicious blend of flavours and textures.