Golden Harvest Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh micro-coriander leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the diced butternut squash and carrots to the pan. Stir well to combine with the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
- Return the pureed soup to the pan and place it back over low heat. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. If the soup is too thick, you can add more vegetable stock to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve the "Golden Harvest Soup" hot, garnished with fresh micro-coriander leaves or grated carrot.